1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New gaming build multiple different BSOD HDD/RAM? Or both ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jamero68, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jamero68

Jamero68 Thread Starter

1F72EE75-E9D7-4DB4-95E8-6017274AB29B.jpeg 2CA9093D-2CB5-489A-939E-D6B4E08D7693.jpeg B182662D-D0DA-4E51-BDDC-F1AF6BAC31BA.jpeg AA9B7AEA-0418-4116-963C-7EE65AED9F67.jpeg First things first here is the build.

pc build -

Cpu -
    Ryzen 5 2600
    PSU -
    seasonic focus gold 750 semi modular
    Mother board -
    MSI b450 tomahawk
    GPU -
    asrock phantom gaming Radeon rx vega 56
    Cooler -
    masterair MA410M cooler master
    RAM -
    Team 16GB (2 x 8GB) T-Force Vulcan DDR4 PC4-24000 3000MHz Desktop Memory Model TLGD416G3000HC16CDC01
    HDD -
    Seasonic 2tb hardrive
    SSD -
    500 GB Samsung

Monitor is freesync VIOTEK gaming curved 27 inch monitor 144 htz 1440p

So i got everything going got all my updates in order and everything is wired correctly. I have been getting a series of random BSOD with the following messages.
    (STOP CODE: memory_managment)

(STOP CODE: system_thread_exception_not_handled
    WHAT FAILED: atikmdag.sys)

(STOP CODE: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    WHAT FAILED: win32kfull.sys)

I did some research and did all the nessesary tests and memory diagnostics. UpdTed everything took out ram and put it back took out graphics card and put back. ALL parts are brand new just baught never been used.

After doing all of my due process i had no blue screens for about a week and then i started getting a DISTORTED BSOD where is was a double layer of BSOD that was not legible. this is now for the last 3 weeks the only BSOD i still get. It seems that upon first start up it happens sometimes but i can game for 5/6/7/8 hours straight and have no issues. It seems to happen at very random times but almost always on start up after computer has been off for a wile ( hour or longer ) i noticed that if i shut down my computer using the shut down button on the desk top this happens more frequently then if i just tap the power button on the tower ( i don’t hold it down for hard restart ). I asked around and people see to think it’s a RAM or GPU issue since I’m getting distorted screens. However i can play arma 3 day z on max graphics for 8-10 hours and have 0 issues. Temperatures seem to be normal and i was very careful when seating CPU as well as when applying thermal paste made sure to do everything properly.

Suggestions / thoughts ?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That memory lists 1.35V vdimm; have you set the correct voltage in the bios?
    Have you run memtest for at least 1hr with no errors?
    What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? Post this twice; once under a normal load and once while running prime95. Let prime95 run for at least 2min to stabilize temps/voltages. Use the msi command center to monitor temps/voltages. Here is a link to the support page for your board;
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK
    Command center is under the utility section of downloads.

What bios are you running. There are a number of bios updates that address ram compatibility.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice