1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Gaming Build, Novice Looking For Feedback

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tatters2, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatters2

tatters2 Thread Starter

First new build in 10 years. Using Cyberpower PC. A lot of friends have, rightfully so, suggested that the i9 is overkill. But, I splurged on my last CPU at the time and it has held up. I am very comfortable updating my systems myself, but not with adding new CPUs. I would rather put the extra money into a CPU now that will last a long time and upgrade the GPUs over time.

This is mostly a gaming computer. I work from home a lot too, but we use virtual desktops so my hardware is not affected. I plan to have a 2 monitor set up (only one for gaming though) and run it at 1440p (or 2k or whatever the kids are calling it). 

any feedback is appreciated.

-case: CyberPowerPC COUGAR PANZER Mid-Tower

-CPU: Intel Core Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB

-Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX w/ Intel 802.11ac WiFi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

-RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)

-GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB GDDR5

-Lighting: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller

-Extra Case Fans: 3X 120mm APEVIA 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote

-CPU Cooling Fan: DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN 360EX 360mm Radiator CPU Liquid Cooler w/ Copper Cold Plate

-Power Supply: 750 Watts - Corsair RMi Series RM750i 80 PLUS GOLD

-Primary Hard Drive: 512GB SAMSUNG 970 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/2300 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 370/500k

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Looks pretty good to me. The fastest native memory speed for your cpu is 2666 however the motherboard you selected is capable of running memory at speeds up to 4133. Up to you if you want faster memory. That is about the only suggestion I have in regard to your parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice