1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Gfx = Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by MaD_KiLLeR, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaD_KiLLeR

MaD_KiLLeR Thread Starter

Hey,

I bought a new graphics card 2 days ago, its a Galaxy Ge Force 9800GT 512MB and ive been playing CSS(Counter-Strike: Source) and it started to go weird, like all different textures replaced with other ones, and it screwed up, i found out to fix this all i had to do was minimize then re-maximize.

But, Then it stated happening again about every 2 min, and its really annoying me to keep minimizing, My Original card Asus Ge Force 8800GS 384MB did not do this.

Does anyone know how to make it stop doing this,

NOTE: Drivers are updated for the video card.

Thanks in advance,

MaD.

2. MaD_KiLLeR

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Sounds like a card error. It may well be a heat issue, as the 98 does tend to get hotter than the 88s. Also worth checking your PSU has enough power- it may be its looking to draw more than the current one has. :)

4. MaD_KiLLeR

Well, i have a 550w Antec, and i got told it would be enough, the card has been idleing at 45c and while playing css its max was 55c, highest it got was 76c while playing grid, but it worked perfectly.

Only Hl2 based games are screwing up

I am going to take it back today, and get a Asus 9800gt.

5. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Good luck with the changeover :)
    For futire refernce, it would be useful if you said it was only one game. I assumed it was an overall thing, not just in HL only :)

6. nutrafrag

nutrafrag

I had a similar issue, everytime I ran a benchmark, the card would start wiggin out about 20% through.

A frend looked at it, and found that the heat cooler was not seated correctly. Took him 5 minutes to fix it, and then it worked fine.

Could have been the same thing.

7. MaD_KiLLeR

well, i did say it was in css in my first post, which is HL2 :)

Also,
    The changeover isent going so well, they took the card, and are gong to test it for faults, just hope it happens when they test it.

8. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Oops, for some reason I had HL on the brain :)
    What I meant to say ( in a nice way!) was that I assumed all progs were screwy, not just one specific.
    As its only one specific set of games, I would guess the card is effectively ok. Did you try changinf setings, specifically resolution, or possibly colour depth. these have been known to go wonky in HL based games.
    Admittedly a bit late now, as the card has gone back, but may be useful if it goes off again :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice