Solved New Gmail Account Query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanRM2005

Hi

I have a personal Gmail account as well as a work Gmail account, but I wish to create a separate one for our church so the church would have its own Gmail address and Google Drive, so we can upload documents that are used regularly and can all have access to them. I want to create it using the Vivaldi browser on my Windows 10 desktop.

How can I do this without it affecting my own Gmail accounts or having the church Gmail account directly linked to my own, so that more than one church member can access the church's Google Drive account, please? I'm sure I should know how to do it but want to make sure I do it correctly and don't end up causing problems!

Thanks very much.

Just create your church email account. Other church members can sign on with it no problem.

Couriant

James
You can make a new G-Mail account and it will not attach itself to the others, but you will have to make sure you sign out of the accounts to prevent auto logins. Also, if you are using Chrome and signed into Chrome, when you go to G-Mail it will automatically load the account. So you will need to switch it.

To start a new account, go to sign out of your account then it should take you to the sign in/sign up page.

IanRM2005

You can make a new G-Mail account and it will not attach itself to the others, but you will have to make sure you sign out of the accounts to prevent auto logins. Also, if you are using Chrome and signed into Chrome, when you go to G-Mail it will automatically load the account. So you will need to switch it.

To start a new account, go to sign out of your account then it should take you to the sign in/sign up page.
If I sign out I don't get the option to create a new account, I get a list of my other 2 Gmail accounts then 'Use other account' and 'Remove an account' but no option to create a new one.

If I'm in my Gmail account then go to the 'circle' with my photo in & click it, I have the option to go to my work account and 'Add new account'. Do I need to use the 'Add account' link or something else? I hope that makes sense!

Thanks for your help.

It took me a bit but I found it.

1. Sign out of Google.
2. close browser
3. open new browser
4. click on the gmail at top right
5. ti's going to ask you to sign in...don't
6. at bottom of window click "use another account"
7. at bottom left of that windows select create account.
8. select either for you or business.

From there either choose for yourself or business....in your case your church.

Couriant

James
I'm sorry, I am so automated that I didn't realise there is a no sign out. Plankton is correct, you choose Use another account and then click on Create a new account:

1616864726864.png

IanRM2005

It took me a bit but I found it.

1. Sign out of Google.
2. close browser
3. open new browser
4. click on the gmail at top right
5. ti's going to ask you to sign in...don't
6. at bottom of window click "use another account"
7. at bottom left of that windows select create account.
8. select either for you or business.

From there either choose for yourself or business....in your case your church.
Great, thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online