1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Google Toolbar 5

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by puppypaws, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

#1 Today, 04:36 PM
    puppypaws
    Farmboy Join Date: Dec 2007

New Google Toolbar 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently removed Google toolbar 4 and installed the new updated 5. When I set up the autofill info it will not perform the same as 4, toolbar 4 would always highlite in yellow the boxes autofill would take care of. It was always very easy to sign into my email, I would open the sign in page, the email address box would be in yellow, I would click the box and it inserted the user ID, I would then click the user ID and it would insert the password.

The new toolbar 5 has not highlited the box and only fills in the user ID, then I am having to type in the password. I wonder what is wrong, I really like the function of toolbar 4 with the yellow highlite feature and being able to insert my password with one click.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks,
    Reid

2. Hughv

Hughv

This is beta software, and you may encounter such problems.
    I find that hovering over the Autofill button fills out the form, but the yellow highlighting is much paler and doesn't appear until the hover function kicks in.
    Note that autofill now has an identity feature which will be useful for some.
    Play around with it, and uninstall it if you don't like it.

3. caraewilton

caraewilton

Hi, might I suggest something. Why use the google toolbar at all? Have you thought of changing to firefox browser, or even IE7, or Opera. All these allow you to search directly from the toolbar, without having third party software installed. Surgey and Page are fantastic people, and I aplaud them for bringing us google, but I am not sure I really want them residing permanently on my pc.

4. golferbob

golferbob

i agree , with IE-7 , why bother with toolbars. it has a popup blocker & a google search with it. if you want to make IE-7 look like IE-6 ,just click on tools at the top right ,click menu bar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/662731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice