1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New GPU crashes computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yugen, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

I got a new RTX 2060 yesterday.
    When I play Cs:Go,after a minute or so,the 2 monitors connected to my GPU just go black,my third monitor connected to my iGPU crashes shortly after.It then shows me the BIOS setup.
    Why is thing happening and how to prevent it? Everything worked great when I had my old GTX1050.
    Im thinking maybe its my PSU,but I really don’t know.
    Cant even do a Bench mark.Crashes and does the same thing when its supposed to test my GPU

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The 1050 took it power from the PCIe slot if it was the standard 1050, it did not have a separate power connection. It drew a max of 75w
    The 2060 requires an 8 pin power connection from the PSU and draws 160Watt max

It could be the PSU what make and full model is it

3. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

Not sure about my PSU.I just bought a new one (500w) and it seems to be working fine for now.

4. Macboatmaster

It would help if you answered the questions
    If you have just bought it I presume you know the make and model
    If not and you have no paperwork to indicate it
    Have a look in the computer

5. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

Old new was MS-N450-SYS Rev.B
    New one is ATX-500w

New one seems to be working fine with what I played so far.

6. Macboatmaster

Is that the MAKE and full model

7. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

8. Macboatmaster

I cannot be certain if that is the cause of the problem
    HOWEVER what I am certain of - at 100% is that to use such a cheap PSU of such unknown quality with such an expensive graphics card, quite apart from the rest of the system, is a completely unacceptable risk.
    I suggest you use a quality PSU rather than placing your components at risk.

In the meantime until you decide whether to accept my advice I suggest you borrow if possible, from friend, colleague etc a good quality PSU, or take your computer to a local repair business with the PSU disconnected and explain the problem and ask how much it will be to test with one of their PSU`s

The reviews on Amazon say it all

9. lynx1021

lynx1021

Also in the reviews, "There‘s even no 6pin or 8pin cable for graphic card, and also don’t have 8pin for CPU, all the cable are short" How can you power a RTX2060?

10. Macboatmaster

Yugen
    A further response from you, or an indication that you no longer require help would be appreciated

11. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

Yeah,sorry.I connected an adapter on the PSU and card and it somehow worked.
    PC crashes after 2 hours of continious gaming and GPU is really hot.
    I’d say the PSU is the problem,but why would the GPU be hot then?
    I really just dont know.

12. Macboatmaster

Further suggestions are pointless until you get a decent PSU
    I did mention that using the one you have is inadvisable
    Why risk such an expensive card with such a poor quality unsuitable PSU

13. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

14. Macboatmaster

I have never heard of nitrox and can find no reliable data on them
    However
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...quality-or-will-i-burn-down-my-house.2921848/

from that and other similar comments regarding them and the lack of any detail on sites in English I would not go for such a PSU - you can usually evaluate them yourself by the price and as far as I can see about £25

The Corsair VS series is FAR better than what you have and far better than your Nitrox suggestion
    However it is not a PSU for Gaming and not really for that card
    It is a budget PSU

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...od-for-todays-standards-of-pc-gaming.3088477/

designed for general use and light occasional gaming

If that is all you can afford or wish to spend, it is as I said far better than what you have

If you can afford more or are prepared to spend more you need to look at a PSU with gold certification and quality 100% 105°C Japanese electrolytic capacitors.
    Something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Corsair-Rm...-PSU-Power-Supply/3024677538?iid=382970263772

OR
    https://www.scan.co.uk/products/750...MIkJKxx6fm4gIVFIXVCh0nhAidEAQYASABEgLNwvD_BwE

EVGA are good and if you can find a Gold certified EVGA at that offer price of £69.98
    it will be the one to buy

15. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

I will most likely get the
    CORSAIR VS650W POWER SUPPLY VS SERIES
    because I can get it from a local electronics shop and I don't really want to buy a PSU from the Internet.

Anyways. Tomorrow morning I will send my PC to a repair shop to see what's wrong with it. I will post here when that's done and say what happened etc.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice