1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New graphics card, Games don't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deathcrush, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathcrush

Deathcrush Thread Starter

Hi

I got a ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro, while previously I had a Nvida onboard graphics chip. I installed the card and installed the newest catalyst drivers, but when I try to play a Game it freezes and it crashes or the VPU Recovery Message appears. I tried the Omega drivers and older drivers too, they didn't help. I checked the temperature with Riva Tuner and it shows around 50 C°, so heat cant be the problem. Dxdiag says no problems found.
    The slot is a PCI Express x16.
    I have a 400 watt power supply while the cards box says 300 or better.
    I have a Nvidia chipset, and the newest drivers I could find for them
    I have XP, 1GB RAM and an AMD 3000+

And I got the card from a friend, so I dont think its broken.

I hope someone can help me with this.

2. BG-0

BG-0

What brand and model is your "400W power supply"? How old is it? Did you uninstall the nVidia graphics drivers and clean up with driver remover-type of utility before inserting the Radeon and installing its drivers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice