New Graphics Card Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

badboy4life

Hello,

I have just bought a nvidia geforce 6200 to replace my nvidia geforce 4 mx 440. I did everything it said in the manual take out old drivers put in new blah blah.

But now some pictures have a bar code effect across them. See this link for screenshot:
http://img414.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled4sa.png

I found out though that if I'm looking at a webpage and I change the refresh rate it doesn't have a line affect but if I reload the page or go to a different one the lines come back. This affect doesn't really seem to happen on Flash Animations. Also the outside line of my cursor and some pictures and the outside of this box I'm typing in has this weird fizzy effect like It looks like the out side is jumping.

I'm using windows xp SP2
I have a 1.5ghz Processor

Thanks for you help in advance.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
I suspect you've gotten a faulty card. I'd exchange it or at least test it in another computer.

Also I hope you're aware that the Geforce 6200 is a pretty low-end card thats not really suited for gaming if thats what you're into.

Triple6 said:
Also I hope you're aware that the Geforce 6200 is a pretty low-end card thats not really suited for gaming if thats what you're into.
6200's clock in at about the same as my 5950 Ultra... Upgrading to something that fast from a MX400.. is quite a jump.

I play CoD, CoD2, BF2, HL2, Doom3, WoW, EQ2, FarCry, Fear.. all without problems.

"low-end card thats not really suited for gaming"? Try MX200, MX400, 8500..

Hell, at least he bought NVidia, not some Sapphire 256MB PCI-Express X800GTO2 thats not very well suited for gaming :p

-Gonz

badboy4life

Thanks for your help I only really want a new graphics card becuase I dont really play many games and If i do I play like sims once a mounth but I just now noticed all my songs are going all jumpy and slow!

EDIT: I just played a 3D Game yesterday and its perfect its only still images it has problems with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online