New Graphics Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lionsmane

Hi there. I have a very basic machine: a AOpen MX4LR motherboard with a 1.7Ghz pentium 4 and 1 gb of ram. I am looking for a graphics card that will enable me to play games utilizing the source engine, it counter-strike. Will I be able to run any graphics card? Do I have PCI slots of PCI-E slots? and what kind of cad would you reccomend?

well thats a pretty old MB it has agp slot but I'm not sure which type probably 4x/8x agp, youre choice of cards will somewhat limited to tech from 2 years ago, how old is CS game?

for nvidia cards I'm thinking a 7600gt is about the last agp card what is your PSU rating on the +12volt

well I just looked at your manual and I'm thinking it may be time to get a new pc, that definately doesnt seem like a gaming machine, it may have a 4x agp slot at best

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online