1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lionsmane, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lionsmane

lionsmane Thread Starter

Hi there. I have a very basic machine: a AOpen MX4LR motherboard with a 1.7Ghz pentium 4 and 1 gb of ram. I am looking for a graphics card that will enable me to play games utilizing the source engine, it counter-strike. Will I be able to run any graphics card? Do I have PCI slots of PCI-E slots? and what kind of cad would you reccomend?

2. brite750

brite750

well thats a pretty old MB it has agp slot but I'm not sure which type probably 4x/8x agp, youre choice of cards will somewhat limited to tech from 2 years ago, how old is CS game?

3. brite750

brite750

for nvidia cards I'm thinking a 7600gt is about the last agp card what is your PSU rating on the +12volt

4. brite750

brite750

well I just looked at your manual and I'm thinking it may be time to get a new pc, that definately doesnt seem like a gaming machine, it may have a 4x agp slot at best

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice