New hard drive and new ram questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jcberner

I have a Sony Vaio pcv-rs 520 running windows xp sp2. I have started doing some digital video and need more storage and, I think, more RAM.

First question, with regard to RAM, Sony says I need DDR PC2700 333MHz 64-bit 2.5 volt. Sony also says I need to pair the modules. I already have a pair of 256s in there. I happen to have a couple of Kingston Value Ram 512s. One is PC2700 333MHz 2.5 volt. The other is PC3200 400 MHz 2.6 volt. Can I pair the first with the second?

Second question. I will install a second hard drive. It is a Seagate 300 gig. Should I install the ram or the hard drive first? Can I do both at the same time once I open the case?

Thanks you for your assistance
jcberner

jcberner

Never mind, I figured it out looking at responses to a few other posts. thanks jcberner

jcberner

That is what I wanted to do, but I thought you could not do that after 24 hours. Sorry.
jcberner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online