1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New hard drive/i tunes problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jackr, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackr

jackr Thread Starter

i recently bought an external hard drive to store my music files for my mp3 player. (none of which are from kazaa etc)
    I transferred the music files onto the hard drive and I tunes will only upload some of them as they have changed file type from MPEG4 audio to itunes music player files. (i think this is the problem as the ones that it will accept are that file type)
    can anyone offer any advice to try and convert these files back to the correct type? (or any other advice that might solve the problem)
    thankyou

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I guess we'd have to know what type of file you started with, and what application you transferred them with. I copy MP3 files around all the time, and they never change their spots. I routinely backup my stuff on external USB/Firewire drives using a variety of backup applications and Windows Explorer. That shouldn't affect the files at all.

Could these be files downloaded from some pay service that lose their licensing information when they're transferred?

3. jackr

jackr Thread Starter

The files were imported onto itunes from cd and are MPEG-4 audio files. I was using the hard drive to store the songs rather than as a copy or backup and was hoping to access them from that location as the music files take up too much space on the internal hard drive.
    it could be the way i transferred them or the folder they are in
    what information do i need to give to help sort out the problem?

4. jackr

jackr Thread Starter

Any one got anything that could help me???
    jack

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice