1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Hard Drive - System Recovery Error Messages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cheryl2121, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheryl2121

cheryl2121 Thread Starter

Hi - I just installed a new Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 2250GB IDE ATA100 hard drive on my HP a620n after blue screen messages and black screen. PRIMARY MASTER HARD DISK S.M.A.R.T STATUS BAD... Immediate backup and replace hard disk drive. :( I got into HP PC System Recovery with my old HP Recovery which I made when I got the comp 3 yrs ago. Error Messages:
    c:\1386\Apps\App14771\App14771.exe c:\1386\Apps\App17035\App\17035.exe
    They both say "cannot be recovered". I always keep retrying, but recovery process is still only at 8% after 6.5 hrs. Is it a waste of time copying files when these error messages keep coming up every 5 min?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like the drive is dead. Is that the only drive in the system?

3. cheryl2121

I certainly hope not, as I just bought this one today. Is there a chance there's a problem with the motherboard? BTW, still in "Completing Recovery Partition" how long can this possibly take? It's been about 7 hours and it's only at 12%. I made this Recovery Disk when I bought the comp, so there isn't a whole lot of stuff on there. Isn't it really only to bring it to the point of what it came with when purchased? Should I stop this System Recovery?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

You're right. It should not take this long. The drive is probably defective. Did you get it locally?

5. cheryl2121

Thanks Elvandil, I will just the recovery. I guess I need to findAny idea that the error messages mean? I guess I need to find an O/S to install.....or wait for HP to send me something. And yes, it is the only hard drive. Thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice