1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gotcha, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gotcha

gotcha Thread Starter

Hi to all. I want to install a new hard drive, now will I be able to boot up with my Windows XP Prof CD (legal!) and then install Windows or will I have to make a floppy boot disk?
    If I have to use a floppy boot disk how can I make one?
    Thank you.

2. P3-450

P3-450

Just make sure that you have the drive setup as the Primary Master and you should be fine.

Set your BIOS to start from CD and then when xp setup loads then it will ask you to format the drive before intall begins.

Hope this helps:)

3. gotcha

gotcha Thread Starter

It sure does help! Thank you

Born in London.England
    Now live in Canada.

4. dcramer

dcramer

Yes make sure that you have your HD set to master and you shouldnt have any problems after that! Next you will be able to partition

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice