1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New harddrive installed now TP-LINK won't connect to network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by risbi, Oct 6, 2019.

1. risbi

risbi Thread Starter

Had to have a new harddrive installed in my Lnovo computer. Now i am unable to have internet access as my TP-LINK which was working fine before is not con
    nnecting to my husbands router

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello risbi, and welcome to TSG.

Is the TP-LINK you refer to some kind of external WiFi adapter? If so you may need to re-install the correct drivers for it. Assuming you are running some version of Windows, you can check the driver status in the Windows hardware Device Manager app.

If you require further assistance, please tell us the exact model number of the Lenovo computer and the operating system that is running on it. Also, please tell us more about this TP-LINK you mentioned.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    When hard drives are replaced, the drivers for the computer would need to be installed. Windows 10 does have basic drivers for most manufacturers but there tends to be a couple that are not, and usually the network adapters. Like Chuck said, it's most likely that you need to install the drivers for the TP-Link. Since TP-Link is not usually built in, I am assuming it came with a CD? If so, install the driver from there, or worse case, go to a different computer and download the latest driver from TP-Link's site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice