1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Harddrive,New Memory,New Problems!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jazznanny, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jazznanny

jazznanny Thread Starter

:)Hello!,
    I have just put in a new harddrive and memory in my win. xp desktop.A win. trojan killed my old one.But
    already something is not quite doing right.I had to reinstall my att dsl and when I did
    it seems att has hijacked my homepage I had at yahoo.I removed their toolbar and also
    the yahoo toolbar I downloaded when I had the bellsouth toolbar. Then I reinstalled a
    new Yahoo toolbar:rolleyes:
    Now when I click my yahoo mail the strange page that bellsouth had to sign in comes on automatically.So I went to Trend Micro and downloaded hijackthis. Will you
    please look at it and tell me what you find? And also if Ive been hijacked I think it
    could be something besides att.
    Thank You Jazznanny
    P.S. Heres my log file! - Registry, StartPage/SearchPage changes
    R0 - Changed registry value
    R1 - Created registry value
    R2 - Created registry key
    R3 - Created extra registry value where only one should be
    F - IniFiles, autoloading entries
    F0 - Changed inifile value
    F1 - Created inifile value
    F2 - Changed inifile value, mapped to Registry
    F3 - Created inifile value, mapped to Registry
    N - Netscape/Mozilla StartPage/SearchPage changes
    N1 - Change in prefs.js of Netscape 4.x
    N2 - Change in prefs.js of Netscape 6
    N3 - Change in prefs.js of Netscape 7
    N4 - Change in prefs.js of Mozilla
    O - Other, several sections which represent:
    O1 - Hijack of auto.search.msn.com with Hosts file
    O2 - Enumeration of existing MSIE BHO's
    O3 - Enumeration of existing MSIE toolbars
    O4 - Enumeration of suspicious autoloading Registry entries
    O5 - Blocking of loading Internet Options in Control Panel
    O6 - Disabling of 'Internet Options' Main tab with Policies
    O7 - Disabling of Regedit with Policies
    O8 - Extra MSIE context menu items
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitems and buttons
    O10 - Breaking of Internet access by New.Net or WebHancer
    O11 - Extra options in MSIE 'Advanced' settings tab
    O12 - MSIE plugins for file extensions or MIME types
    O13 - Hijack of default URL prefixes
    O14 - Changing of IERESET.INF
    O15 - Trusted Zone Autoadd
    O16 - Download Program Files item
    O17 - Domain hijack
    O18 - Enumeration of existing protocols and filters
    O19 - User stylesheet hijack
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs autorun Registry value, Winlogon Notify Registry keys
    O21 - ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad (SSODL) autorun Registry key
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler autorun Registry key
    O23 - Enumeration of NT Services
    O24 - Enumeration of ActiveX Desktop Components

Command-line parameters:
    * /autolog - automatically scan the system, save a logfile and open it
    * /ihatewhitelists - ignore all internal whitelists
    * /uninstall - remove all HijackThis Registry entries, backups and quit
    * /silentautuolog - the same as /autolog, except with no required user intervention

* Version history *

[v2.00.0]
    * AnalyzeThis added for log file statistics
    * Recognizes Windows Vista and IE7
    Thanks again!:) Jazznanny

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

That is not the correct log.

• Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

3. jazznanny

jazznanny Thread Starter

Thank You,
    But this Trojan called DownloaderWin32.Swizzor.ae and one called
    TrojanClickerWin32Rotarren and Spyware CydoorTrojanDownloader.Win32BHO
    were found by Advanced Windows Cleaner. They have rendered almost everything
    nonfunctional.
    I cant enable services because when I do two seconds later they are disabled again.Bitdefender is disabled, and I have the disk but its stopped from running.
    Cant press F8 and get the page to come on. Instead a page that says ,Strike F1 to
    Continue or F2 For Setup Utility. As a matter of fact Windows doesnt start up normally this same page comes up when the computer is turned on and to get to my page I have
    to press F1.
    If I try to do a scan online its stopped from running. If I put my Windows Disk Iin the cd drive and manage to get it to load when the disk gets to the part where it reboots it only runs the first thirty minutes. And when it reboots the same F1andF2 page comes on and the disk is stopped from finishing.
    I also replaced the memory to no avail.Do you think this computer can be fixed to run again? Or should I just toss it out?Im about to give up trying to fix the thing.
    This same virus got on my new vista laptop and its got to be mailed to Acer to be fixed.
    I will apperciate any advice.
    Thank You So Much!

4. jazznanny

jazznanny Thread Starter

Hello!,
    I took your advice and ran hijackthis scan again! Thanks Jazznanny

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 2:12:50 AM, on 4/4/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_state.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\locator.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\tlntsvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcrdsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\seccenter.exe
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdwizreg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\uiscan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\DWD\Desktop\OpenOffice.org 3.0 (en-US) Installation Files\setup.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEToolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BitDefender Antiphishing Helper] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEShow.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDAgent] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=23100
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - BitDefender SRL - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
    O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - BitDefender S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe
    O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - BitDefender - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--
    End of file - 5800 bytes

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

You should not post your e-mail address in public forums like this. You will get picked up by the spam bots!

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    • Under Main choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
    alternate download link 1 alternate download link 2
    • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
    • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
      • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Then click Finish.
    • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
    • On the Scanner tab:
      • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
      • Then click on the Scan button.
    • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
    • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
    • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
    • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
    • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
    • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
    • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.
    Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice