New Harddrive - NO AUDIO found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AbStine

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this.

We bought a DELL 4700 - XP SoundMAX integrated computer in August, the hard drive is failing, so we bought a new Harddrive and have both installed. When we boot up, we can choose which to boot from as we're in the process of reinstalling programs, etc....
On the failing drive, our SoundMAX drive is found and working in the device manager. We reinstalled XP on our New Drive and the SoundMAX is missing. We've tried searching the SoundMAX site, and DELL to find the drivers with no such luck. Found another tech site with them, and each time we try to install it's trying to install on the failing drive. We choose the NEW drive and then get errors and it's not working. I really would like to have sound back but am lost as to where else to look. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't tried to delete the audio drivers from the failing drive and reboot as I'm afraid they won't be found and we'll be S.O.L. Help!! Please :) Thanks so much!

AbStine

AbStine said:
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this.

We bought a DELL 4700 - XP SoundMAX integrated computer in August, the hard drive is failing, so we bought a new Harddrive and have both installed. When we boot up, we can choose which to boot from as we're in the process of reinstalling programs, etc....
On the failing drive, our SoundMAX drive is found and working in the device manager. We reinstalled XP on our New Drive and the SoundMAX is missing. We've tried searching the SoundMAX site, and DELL to find the drivers with no such luck. Found another tech site with them, and each time we try to install it's trying to install on the failing drive. We choose the NEW drive and then get errors and it's not working. I really would like to have sound back but am lost as to where else to look. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't tried to delete the audio drivers from the failing drive and reboot as I'm afraid they won't be found and we'll be S.O.L. Help!! Please :) Thanks so much!

AbStine
I dont think youre doing this right, you have to install your os with other hdd out of pc, install mobo drivers, sound, gfx etc, when system is up and runnning then plug old drive in set as slave and new hdd set as master, see if that approch goes better for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online