New hardrive not showing in BIOS Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pasdom

Hello, I just bought a secondary internal 2TB SATA hard drive for my desktop to replace a previous faulty one. After connection, I tried to initialize it in disk management but it didn't show. I then restarted and looked into BIOS to see if it was recognised but it didn't show either. To make sure it is not a cable issue I tried other SATA slots, I tried also the CD/DVD SATA cable but the drive still don't show in BIOS nor in Disk Management.

Something which might be be unrelated draw my attention as I never saw it before. In device management/disk drives, i have one drive called Generic Ultra HS-SD/MMC USB Device. I wonder if windows 10 has not installed the wrong driver on my new drive.

I don't know what else to do, please advise.

Thanks for your help

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 7903 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 27823 MB, Free - 7959 MB; H: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 44979 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD, 760GM-E51(MS-7596)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

That board is old enough to have a serious issue if the drive is even 2.001 TeraBytes. What is the make and model of the new drive?

Pasdom

Thanks for your reply DavisMcCarn.

The new hard drive is a Sonnics 2TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB. Below is a picture with all the details

Attachments

Pasdom

Ok I will try to return it.
Is the fact that it is relabeled is necessarily the cause of my problem or just a presumption that the drive is of poor quality/faulty?
Thanks.

Seagate or WD; it's unclear who really made it, may have a program where they sell drive's to white labelers in order to reduce their costs for after sale support; but, if they do, I don't know about it.
For all we know, its a 4TB drive that failed quality control and was pulled out of a dumpster. (And that has happened before)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online