1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new hardware found again and again and again

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Cadeau, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

Windows 98 SE , Pentium4 1.8ghz
    Hi, for quit a while now, when I start up my computer I get " new hardware found" PCI universal serial bus. Then the Wizard wants to search for drivers for pci universal serial bus ( this is where I click cancel) In the System properties - device manager under System devices I have an exclamation mark beside PCI bus. If I click on it and chose properties it reports "windows could not load the driver for this device because the computer is reporting two PCI.vxd bus types ( code 2). What is the problem and how do I resolve it ? Ps I have tryed removeing it in the system but when I reboot it finds it again and the messages repeat again and there is no disable feature foe this either.
    Thanks in advance for your support !!

2. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Hi,

If you are looking for disable, try this option:

Start
    Control Panel
    System
    Hardware
    Device Manager
    View
    Resources by Connection
    IRQ or Interrupt Request
    Right Click on the area you want to change
    Then, look for the disable function.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice