1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HankMcCoyX, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HankMcCoyX

HankMcCoyX Thread Starter

Hello, after I rebooted my computer, something odd happened; Windows said that new hardware was found when I didn't do anything to the computer.
    I can't install drivers for this thing because I have no idea what it is. Looking at the device manager, I see that it says its listed as

PCI Input Device

amd the properties for it states:

PCI Slot 3 (PCI bus 2, device 2, function 1)

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

The Device Manager also has another device listed as an error, the 1394 port of my Sound Blaster Audigy Card.

The properties of the 1394 Net Adapter states:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

This device used to be working perfectly before the new PCI Input Device was found, and oddly its name has changed. It used to be called "1394 Net Adapter", but now its name is "1394 Net Adapter #2" as if I took out the old one and added a new one.

Does anyone know what is going on? I haven't done anything to this computer and now these problems show up.

Thanks
    Hank

2. HankMcCoyX

HankMcCoyX Thread Starter

Does anybody know what's going on?

3. natcom

natcom

4. sy2

sy2

If that doesn't work, you may want to try selecting the devices that are having problems, right click on them, and hit uninstall to remove them from the device manager. Then reboot and see if Windows re-recognizes and installs the correct hardware and drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!