new HD but now no sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boggles67

I recently had my HD replaced and i have had no sound since, i have tried installing drivers but this has not worked.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Is this your computer?

If it is and if it's still using Windows XP, here is the current Realtek high definition audio driver for it.

Click one of the "[email protected]" links to download and save it, then close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install the audio driver, then restart your computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

boggles67

Is this your computer?

If it is and if it's still using Windows XP, here is the current Realtek high definition audio driver for it.

Click one of the "[email protected]" links to download and save it, then close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install the audio driver, then restart your computer.

Hi Flavallee,

This was the correct PC, i downloaded the drivers and this still made no difference, is there a way of knowing if the sound card is defective?

Thx
Boggles67

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go in the Device Manager, then click the + in

Sound Video And Game Controllers

then advise what's listed there.

If there's also an Other Devices heading, advise what's listed there too.

---------------------------------------------------------------

boggles67

Device Manager
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video capture devices
Media control devices
Realtek High Definition Audio

Other Devices
Multimedia controller
Video Controller
Video Controller ( VGA compatible)
Video Codecs

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Device Manager
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video capture devices
Media control devices
Realtek High Definition Audio

Other Devices
Multimedia controller
Video Controller
Video Controller ( VGA compatible)

Video Codecs
Double-click the entries in bold type to bring up their properties window, then click the "Details" tab, then select "Hardware Id".

Copy-and-paste the strings here that have VEN_####&DEV_#### as part of the string.

Those vendor and device codes will allow those devices to be identifed so their drivers can be obtained and installed.

Double-click the Realtek High Definition Audio entry to bring up its properties window, then click the "Driver" tab.

What's listed for the driver version and date?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online