New HDD - Old HDD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PaveFE

Hey all,

First let me say this is an awesome site for idiots like me (at least I'm trying to learn). ANYWAYS, I just bought a new 60GB Western Digital (WD) HDD. I took out my old 20GB HDD (WD) and put it to the side for now. I just got done loading up the new HDD with Win98SE and all my software. What I want to do if it's possible, is slave my old drive in so I can get all my personal files, etc. swapped to the new drive. Is this possible? And how would I do it?
Thanks,
PaveFE

Connect the old drive to the Secondary IDE channel. Be sure the second IDE channel is turned on in the BIOS and the drive is recognized by the BIOS. You may have to temporarily disconnect other devices from the secondary IDE channel.

Exit, go to Windows and copy away.

If you put the drive on the other IDE cable and disconnect anything else from that cable, you do not have to reset the jumper.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online