Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW HDD - The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I've been currently using a 600gb SATA HDD for my OS etc and everything else. I decided to put in my other SATA 320gb HDD as I am going to need more space (Recording with my hd capture card takes up alot of space!). I put it into the HDD bay, plugged both the SATA cable and power cable into it. I turned on my PC and it read it and said it was set to go. I went into Computer Management to set it up and a window popped up saying I needed to initialize Disk 1 being the drive, so I clicked ok. It freezes for a second and then a small box pops up saying "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." Please help, I am very smart with computers for the main concept however HDDs are actually one of the only things I'm not very experienced with. Thanks guys! I appreciate any support. I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS in case that matters.

#2 ·
OK, first of all, we have no idea what you are working on. Post your exact system specs ie make and model of mb, cpu, amount of ram, etc. If this is a big box system, then post the make and model.

Have you rechecked/reseated both pw and data connections for the drive?

Have you tried a different sata cable and or a different sata port on the mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.