1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New HDTV Forum

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by silverado4, Feb 5, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

Since the on coming of LCD's DLP's and Plasma, I'm sure many people like myself are confused about the upcoming new technology of having to change over to a HDTV. Do you think we could have a forum dedicated to HDTV what to buy, questions and answers, hookups, surround sound, size to buy questions, latest technology out the questions, because they change like computers. I see that they go from a 1080I to a 1080P, what does that mean? Just a concern. I would like some help on that, I never know where to put this type of question. Thanks. Silverado.

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

We're probably not going to have a HDTV forum here but there was some talk about a gadgets/TV/other tech forum a while ago....

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

It will be very difficult for you to get a forum set up that was specific to HDTV,even though its the thing of the moment ...it would require lots of members asking for something of that sort before you have any chance ...I can only suggest that for the moment you consider setting up thread about it,in maybe the DIY Forums ? with a title as simple as The HDTV Thread,just to see what sort of interest you get in it ...

4. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

Ok, Thanks for replying.
    Thought I'd try..
    It's a very confusing market right now, I don't want people to make a mistake buying
    these TV's, there are so many to choose from. Silverado..

5. zeppman1979

zeppman1979

Hello

I'm new on this forum and I have to say that the market right now is leaning towards LED based TV sets and is definitely moving away from DLP, LCD and so a certain degree from Plasma Sets.

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Questions about TVs of any sort go in the Misc, Tech forum. :)

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

LED TV's are still LCD, the LED part is the backlighting.

8. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    FWiW, there is now at least one true LED, LED TV ...
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...d=8198552921644539854&langId=-1&storeId=10151
    Only 960(H) x 540 (V) resolution though.

I am trying to figure out how the FTC allows stores to advertise LCD TVs with LED backlights as being LED TVs. They didn't call LCD TVs with fluorescent tube backilghts FT TVs did they.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice