1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New here hope you can help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HutchyUK, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HutchyUK

HutchyUK Thread Starter

Hi guys, i've just built my second pc ever and have encountered a problem i hope you can help with. I assembled the system in much the same way as i did my first system with very similar specs, however when i turned the pc on for the first time the fans start up and i can open the cd trays etc, but there is nothing on the screen. I had a similar problem with the first system i built and solved it by removing the ATI graphics card and replacing it with an older nvidia card until i could install an os and subsequently the drivers for the newer card. I thought the problem would be solved again in much the same way, but when i attempt to do so, i still have nothing on the monitor. I have tried 3 different monitors to see if the problem could lie there, but nothing. I also attempted to use the s-video out to a television but i just get a blank white screen with the older card and nothing with the newer ATI card. When the power is turned on i get a single beep, which when i checked out i find to mean that everything is ok. I'm pretty sure this must be a graphics card problem, but have used all 3 of my available ones and still no luck. I have tried to reseat the card numerous times and have also reseated the ram. I have disconnected everything except the graphics cards and the ram and the cpu and fan etc, but still no luck. Could really do with some help.

Specs:
    Abit KV7 motherboard
    AMD XP 2600 Barton Core
    512 Mb DDR400 SDRam
    160 Gb hard disk
    ATI Radeon 9600 pro 256Mb
    350W Psu (came with the case)

2. zeddy

zeddy

The AGP slot on the Kv7 is really tight with the latch against capacitors, really make sure you seat the card in fully.

3. n2gun

n2gun

Also are you getting any beeps when trying to boot up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice