New here - Mod, please look

Talkhard223

Been reading the HJT logs for about 2 months now and recently registered and plan to take the malware course. I am not able to post or send emails to mods, but I came accross this post:

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/913922-do-i-have-virus.html

At the bottom Cheeseball claims the log is clean, but to me I see a sneaky Ukranian IP address lurking in the host file:

O1 - Hosts: 195.245.119.131 browser-security.microsoft.com

So, I would say this pc is probably not clean especially with no AV....Thanks.

Joshua

Talkhard223

No problem. I saw you mentioned he had no AV, but with the person running SP2, IE7 and no AV along with the Ukranian IP address in the host file, I just thought I'd bring it up. No disrespect intended. Googling that IP brings up nothing good and a lot of bad.

Talkhard223

Thanks guys. Gonna try and sign up for a class this weekend if I get a chance! Glad to be here!(y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online