1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New here please help me!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GUSRENTIT, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GUSRENTIT

GUSRENTIT Thread Starter

Ok all was well until a week ago, I went out of town came back 4 days later and I started having problems. FYI, nobody touched the computer, but I did leave it on and hooked up to DSL.
    The errors say, STTRAY.EXE can not be found, STLANG.DLL can not be found, SSRC MODULE can not be found. The main problem is that on almost any web site even my email, the screen flashes almost like a strobe, the more banners/imbedded pics the worse it is. I rolled back to a restore point that I know was good, still not working. Device manager says all is good, and I check to make sure all drivers were up to date. Any ideas?
    Thanks Much, Gus

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Hello, Gus and welcome to TSG. Simple things first - have you restarted it since you noticed these problems? It's amazing what a reboot can cure sometimes.

3. GUSRENTIT

GUSRENTIT Thread Starter

Yes I restarted it about 50 times.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

OK so it's not that then :D Go from Start to Run and into the Open box, type sfc /scannow (including the space) then hit Enter. Have your XP CD handy in case the System File Checker wants to expand fresh copies of missing files.

Edit - to add try updating the driver for your audio equipment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice