1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Hotmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rfcjr, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rfcjr

rfcjr Thread Starter

I just brought up my Hotmail account to find that the interface has changed. When I click on an email message all I see displayed is Reply, Reply All, Forward, X on the left upper side of the box and no message is displayed. I can only see the message if I hit the print icon before it is printed. Can anybody direct me to where I can change things so that messages are displayed properly?

2. rfcjr

rfcjr Thread Starter

This only occurs in IE. With Safari and Firefox Hotmail functions properly.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Reset security and privacy settings in IE.

4. rfcjr

rfcjr Thread Starter

Thanks for the note. I changed settings; but, that didn't help. Any particular settings recommended?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Take the defaults. Don't change a particular setting. What security software do you have installed and running? Did you check those programs for IE-related settings? Do you have problems accessing any other site besides Hotmail?

6. rfcjr

rfcjr Thread Starter

I'm running BitDefender. I left all settings within IE security/privacy at the defaults and I continue to have the problem. When opening an email I just have the four items on the left: Reply, Reply to ALL, Forward and X. If I print, Forward or Reply, the email will display. But, on initial opening of the email I just get the four items mentioned above not the email text. I did not have this problem before today when Hotmail changed their interface. I do not have the problem when using other browsers. Thank you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice