1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Installation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by redalert95, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

Have Windows XP Pro on my computer right now, It was installed using Quick Upgrade, But I've decided I want to do a new installation instead, what I need to know is, if I need to do anything to deactivate my current XP, and how I can get my comp to boot from the CD.

I'm on a Dell OptiPlex GX1
    PIII 500 mhz
    256 mb RAM
    Dell AO6 Revised BIOS

2. stu37

stu37

hi, i think when you start the installation you will have a choice on clean install or not. To make computer boot from cd you need to go to the bios and change booting sequence to boot from cdrom first. To get to bios tap on delete during reboot and it should get you there. make sure you save and exit from bios and after installation you can change bios back to previous boot settings. Hope this helps

3. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

YUP it solved my problem, thanks

4. stu37

stu37

You're very welcome

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice