1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Integrated Graphics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bumpster, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bumpster

Bumpster Thread Starter

I was wondering if it was at all possible to install new/better integrated graphics to my laptop until I can get the money for a better laptop in general. I have an HP 2000 series model 2b092wm. If you can help please let me know what my options are. thanks.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No. The integrated video is either part of the mb OR part of the cpu. In short what you have is what you have; no way to change the video.

3. thebloop

thebloop

Why would you get a HP computer in the first place? why would you want integrated graphics?

That's like buying a car with parts that can never be changed or updated

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It looks like you've been asking that same question in a number of other forums.

The HP 2000-2b092wm is a low-budget 15.6" laptop that sells for about $300.00.

I suspect you want better graphics so you can use it for gaming, but that's not what it was designed for.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    thebloop, none of your post is helpful. While you didn't ask me, I have bought HP laptops because I like them. We all have our brand likes and dislikes, but those are immaterial in a thread such as this one.

And I get integrated graphics because that's how most medium priced laptops are usually configured, and because integrated graphics have always been sufficient for my use.

6. trogdo

trogdo

Hey, my 6-year old HP530 is rocking an SSD and a dual core CPU. I love that thing, built like a brick outhouse and the comfiest laptop I ever used.

Back on topic, is the E-300 soldered onto the motherboard? Uprading the CPU/APU would likely result in a boost to graphics performance.

7. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Bumster

as my colleague says
    but with respect you have already asked on this forum

On a previous topic of yours
    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1142662-wireless-adaptor-problems.html

post 19 onwards refers

As I said then - the answer is NO
    I sent you the links to explain
    The integrated graphics is in the AMD processor and the processor is what is know as Ball Grid array - socket - it is soldered to the motherboard - you cannot change the processor and therefore you cannot change the graphics
    EVEN if you could have the processor changed - if it was not BGA the cost would be prohibitive.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice