1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Java kills my system!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by grillinman, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grillinman

grillinman Thread Starter

This is the (rambling) message I just submitted to Sun about the new Java update, JRE 6 update 20.

"Both times that I have installed JRE 6 update 20 it has caused my system to become very unstable. The first time it wouldn't allow me to open things from the taskbar in Windows 7 Pro x64 among other problems so I actually reinstalled my OS. Right after this a computer that I work with at my job running XP had Firefox kick out this JRE update due to "known instability" issues. On my fresh install at home I installed update 20 again and it caused my system to be totally unresponsive upon logging in to Windows. I used System Restore to restore to just before this Java install and now everything is fine. It is OBVIOUSLY the Java that it causing this issue."

I apologize for the rambling, incoherent nature of the message but I'm sure we all get the point. I'm posting this just in case anybody else has had this problem.

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

3. grillinman

It would appear that you are correct. The funny thing is that the first time it happened to me it was the Java auto updater! I will pass this on to Sun to let them know that the updater shouldn't be offering the new update to Windows 7 users.

4. grillinman

5. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I wonder if that's the Java SE for Business (JSB)? That supports Windows 7 but I've never heard of it before.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice