New Java kills my system!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grillinman

This is the (rambling) message I just submitted to Sun about the new Java update, JRE 6 update 20.

"Both times that I have installed JRE 6 update 20 it has caused my system to become very unstable. The first time it wouldn't allow me to open things from the taskbar in Windows 7 Pro x64 among other problems so I actually reinstalled my OS. Right after this a computer that I work with at my job running XP had Firefox kick out this JRE update due to "known instability" issues. On my fresh install at home I installed update 20 again and it caused my system to be totally unresponsive upon logging in to Windows. I used System Restore to restore to just before this Java install and now everything is fine. It is OBVIOUSLY the Java that it causing this issue."

I apologize for the rambling, incoherent nature of the message but I'm sure we all get the point. I'm posting this just in case anybody else has had this problem.

grillinman

It would appear that you are correct. The funny thing is that the first time it happened to me it was the Java auto updater! I will pass this on to Sun to let them know that the updater shouldn't be offering the new update to Windows 7 users.

I wonder if that's the Java SE for Business (JSB)? That supports Windows 7 but I've never heard of it before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online