New keyboard function keys not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DCM1519

I just built a new computer and installed a new Microsoft keyboard and mouse. Everything works except the function keys. They give no response at all on this computer but on my old computer they work fine and my old keyboard works good on the new computer.

I like the new keyboard better than the older one so want to use it.

Would there be drivers or something else needed to get this keyboard to work on the new computer?

Thanks

yeah you usually need to intall separate drivers for the multi-function keys and also sometimes even asign programs for them to operate.

DCM1519

Thanks for the responses.

I have a Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A USB.

The mouse works OK and after installing the drivers suggested by lightsareout, the function keys work. Only problem with the function keys now is that the F10 key seems to be performing F9 operations. I will try to figure out why.

Check if that keyboard has an "F Lock" key (my MS keyboards do) as unless that has been toggled on, the F keys have alternate functions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online