1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Keyboard Install Nightmare

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by westwood187, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. westwood187

westwood187 Thread Starter

hello
    today i bought a Advent keyboard (ADE-KBW100) aluminum keyboard, so i uninstalled my current driver for my dell keyboard and plugged in my new keyboard into my ps2 slot beside my mouse and rebooted..to find when windows started up my mouse dosent work nor the keyboard..so i got my mouse working through the usb and the keyboard still wont work through ps2 ..my keyboard is also usb compatible.. but it will not work that way either
    when i plug it in windows dosent recognize it, f12 on startup dosent bring me into boot menu, the keyboard lights up when i reboot for a few seconds..thats it...the installation cd has been installed and uninstalled in every combination possible..im at my witts ends guys..PLEASE HELP ME :(

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Have you looked in Device Manager/Keyboards (Right-click My Computer , click Properties , click Hardware/Device Manager) ? Is there an exclamation mark in Keyboards ? If not , expand (click on the + beside Keyboards) and look at the properties for your keyboard ....

3. westwood187

hello and thanks for the reply, i had checked earlier in the device manager and ''keyboards'' is not there when my new keyboard was plugged in, which is strange
    its there at the moment because im using my current keyboard

standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard

ive tryed to update this driver pointing it in the direction of the installation cd, to no avail :(

btw im running dell deminsions 4600 windows xp

4. nessyguin

nessyguin

You've probably tried this but if not ... power off , plug in the new keyboard then restart and go to control panel/add hardware and follow the prompts .

5. westwood187

yes ive tried that several times, in every port i have, it wont detect it :mad:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice