1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New keyboard quick launch buttons.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redalert95, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

Hey all,

I just bought a new keyboard. Along the top there are a whole bunch of buttons. The ones I'd like to ask you guys about are the media ones. Currently they all work for Windows Media Player, but I was wondering if there was anyway I could get them to work for my SonicStage Player which I use more often. I can get the one for launching the media player to work for SonicStage, but the play/pause, stop, skip forward, skip backward ones don't just go to *.exe files (I'm assuming) so I'm not quite sure what I would do, if it's even possible.

It's a Labtec Media Keyboard (See: )

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    the keyboard should have come with some documentation as to how to reassaign the button functions if it is possible. You may have to go to the manufacturers website to find this information. It may not be possible to reassign all the button functions.

3. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

There is a "Browse" box that you can use to assign keys, but I have no clue what I would set it to for the Play/Pause, Stop, and Skip F/B buttons.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice