1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New laptop blue screens and now freezes/pixelated

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by theredgem, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theredgem

theredgem Thread Starter

Hi all,

Purchased a Lenovo G580 yesterday with Windows 8 on and before I give up hope and return this computer I was looking for some advice.

Yesterday throughout the day I was getting blue screens and having to restart the computer - to do with ntoskrnl.exe, igdkmd64.sys, CLFS.SYS, WppRecorder.sys, dxgkrnl.sys. I was advised to check my drivers so I updated what I could find and the Intel website updated a number of drivers.

Now I am not experiencing these blue screens but if I leave the laptop say ten minutes unattended the screen freezes and becomes very pixelated and I have to restart.

Is this likely to be a hardware fault or could there still be some technical tricks I could yet try? I could easily return the laptop but didn't want to uninstall everything and get another if there's something I can yet do.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest chipset and other drivers from Lenovo's web site.

Have you installed anything that is not yet compatible with Windows 8?

3. theredgem

theredgem Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo update centre and nothing else needs to be updated.

When you say not compatible, do you mean devices or actual software? Do you therefore mean I have to check each piece? So say something like Trillian could mess it up?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Yes, both.

5. theredgem

theredgem Thread Starter

Despite removing all but two programs the errors are still here. Not sure what else I can do now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice