New Laptop Does not run games well and overheats

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StickyGlue

Hello,

I got a laptop around 2 months ago and it has not been working as I expected. The laptop i bought is here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FCFN2SE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but when playing League of Legends i dont get a constant 60 fps on medium settings and after 1 or 2 games the laptop gets real hot and pops and instantly shuts off. Also, when I play a game called Warframe which should be able to run fine at 4 gigs of ram only gives me 20-30 frames when i have 8 gigs. I really dont know what to do to fix this so any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

I tried downloading Advanced system care and used its turbo boost but nothing really changed.
I also ran a dell hardware test and it said everything was fine.
Also it might be worth mentioning that sometimes while im playing League of legends the fan just turns off even though I feel like its taking quite a load.

edit-I also barely have any files or programs downloaded on this laptop. The only programs I have downloaded are like AVG , League of legends, Steam, Advanced System care, skype

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not suggest it is the cause of the main problem but running this
Advanced System care
or any other similar such program is the kiss of death to the health of the system
You will sooner or later ruin the computer even to the extent where the only solution is to reinstall windows

Additionally ram in the context of 4GB or 8GB has little relationship to gaming in realtion to the problems you have, the main factors are the CPU and the integrated R6 graphics

See this for what you may expect on that CPU and the R6
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R6-Carrizo-Benchmarks.144290.0.html

and
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Carrizo-in-Review-How-does-AMD-s-A10-8700P-Perform.147654.0.html

Why would you use advanced system care turbo boost when AMD have already catered for it
Please take my advice if a manufacturer provides for a boost on the CPU use that NOT some third party program - that claims to make your system go faster.
https://community.amd.com/thread/197273

HOWEVER I would be very careful of driving that CPU in a laptop at max to speed 3.2GHz even if you can

The fact is that as you can see from the links the CPU and GPU will never make it a gaming laptop

As I said I would start by uninstalling and leaving uninstalled advanced system care

Last edited:

StickyGlue

I do not suggest it is the cause of the main problem but running this

or any other similar such program is the kiss of death to the health of the system
You will sooner or later ruin the computer even to the extent where the only solution is to reinstall windows
Does this include AVG too?

OverTallman

Jacky
Well the problem is, this one is not really a gaming laptop.

While AMD's integrated graphics is certainly better than the Intel offerings, they're still not up for heavy gaming. After all you aren't gonna use integrated graphics for serious gaming. Also more RAM doesn't help if the graphics isn't good.

Another problem is: Current AMD's big CPUs (i.e. Bulldozer and its descendants) run hotter than the Intel's. Trust me I know that very well: one of my friend has an HP Pavilion G6 with an AMD A8-4500M and man that thing was a furnace, not even my Dell Latitude E5510 (which has a relatively hot first-gen i5, precisely i5-580M) will reach that temperature easily.

But I do suspect something's not right about the cooling, maybe the fan has been disconnected or gone bad? Thermal paste hardened? Dust clogging up? Perhaps it's time to take it apart.

If you wanna game with lots of bling-blings, you need a real gaming system. Not intended to advertise, but the guys from NotebookReview can help you better on choosing a gaming laptop, though prepare to fork out some cash for a gaming laptop.

P.S. For LoL, remember to turn off shadow if you're using integrated graphics.

Triple6

Rob
It's not a gaming a laptop and uses integrated AMD graphics; the results sound normal to me. You can get a cooling pad to help, if yours was refurbished I'd return it if you think you have fan issues.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
StickyGlue

As I said and has been repeated by the other posters
The fact is that as you can see from the links the CPU and GPU will never make it a gaming laptop
HOWEVER please do not feel we are being critical I always think it must be terribly upsetting to see such posts
Please accept that it is only BEST advice to you

In answer to your question, if you want it for gaming and can return it without loss, I would. However after two months I presume you cannot return it. Has it not been like this from the start.
IF NOT when did you notice the problem especially in relation to your use of ASC

In answer to your other question if your AVG includes any tuneup software do not use that aspect.

ASC is I think IOBit is it not - stay away from it.
I do not single out IOBit - any such software is a gimmick and bad for the smooth running of a computer especially on Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online