1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Laptop - keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vivienne, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vivienne

vivienne Thread Starter

Hi

I have a new Toshiba laptop with a keyboard problem. Where the @ sign is supposed to go, it is accessed through the " (quotation) key and visa versa.

I removed the keyboard under 'devices' and the computer found and installed the keyboard as new hardware but it still has the same problem.

Any ideas of what I should do??

Thanks!!!

Vivienne

2. vivienne

vivienne Thread Starter

Reporting back on my own problem.

I got through to Toshiba and they told me the problem was because I set up my language in 'regional settings' as English - Canada (that is where I live) and it should be set up as English - US!! I changed it and everything is now working well!

Sorry for troubling anyone!

Vivienne

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I can see no troubling here. If you have a problem that we might be able to help you with this is the place to go.

4. vivienne

vivienne Thread Starter

Hi Dustyjay

:)

Thank you!

Vivienne

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/196628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice