1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Laptop makes internet unusable. HELP!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dorgi, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dorgi

Dorgi Thread Starter

Online has no lights.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

from the manual I posted- page 9
    has the router been always connected and working fine until the new laptop added ?

3. Dorgi

Dorgi Thread Starter

IT WORKS! I have no idea how but i an very grateful for your help. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!

4. Dorgi

Dorgi Thread Starter

Just kidding it worked for a minute and it stopped again..

I contacted my ISP and talked to a person and he told me to reset my modem and router which i did but had no effect. He adviced me to get a technician in so i might just have to do that.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

My experience with that modem (and an earlier model) is that the Receive LED blinking means an ISP problem; the Receive LED solid and the Send blinking means a problem (rust or corrosion) with one of my coax connections between the company's cable and the modem. I've never had the Receive and Send LEDs both blinking.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056502