1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Laptop Slows down drastically after boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dezeris, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dezeris

Dezeris Thread Starter

Hey guys my girlfriend just got a brand new samsung laptop, it has a i3 cpu, 6gigs of ram, intel hd graphics. After booting the computer up it runs good for about 5 minutes then it starts slowing down and eventually it wont even anything i click on, it took 40 minutes to open my computer. I have ran AV scans Registry cleaners. after that all that didnt work i reformated it, and it still doing the exact same thing. theres no viruses detected. I have ran out of any ideas to do. so now seeking help please.

2. w7pro

w7pro

Have you tried doing a system restore once it boots up? I'm not certain how long your girlfriend has had this laptop before these problems started occuring, but you may be able to try that method to see if it will run smoothly as it's intended to.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. thatoneisyou

thatoneisyou

Try booting up the computer in safe mode. You can do that by tapping the F8 while the computer is starting up. Let the computer sit there for a few minutes and then try opening applications. If the computer is not slowing down, run msconfig.exe and disable any unneeded start up processes.
    Reboot your computer and try again. There is quite a bit of bloatware that comes on these machines. It is also a possibility that you have an anti virus scanning your machine that is slowing it down. If your computer is not getting any better at this point then you should open task manager and view what processes is eating up all your computer's resources. If there is nothing using system resources you may want to do a complete system restore like w7pro said, or contact the manufacturer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice