new laptop wont stay connected to wireless

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rophelan

i bought a new toshiba laptop satellite c660/c660d its very slow and i cant connect to my wireless network iv tryed changeing the wireless channels my network provider is eircom i really dont know wat to do now it works when i plug it in but not wirelessly pls help !

do you get any error messages when trying to connect?

if you have another laptop, does it connect ok?

rophelan

no dont get any error messages an i can connect from my iphone so dats picking up the wireless signal im at a loss :(

go to the toshiba site download the latest drivers for the wireless device try again to install . either let windows install the wireless device or let the device setup do the install.. you can't have only one type of install. check services for the wireless zero configuration is enabled.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
You will find additional help at the "Networking" Forum. Click "Report" and request that your Thread be transferred there.

I'm having the same problem as you. I have the same laptop, and I have also changed the channel the wireless router is on a couple of times. When you click on Troubleshoot Problems for the wireless connection, does it say:

Default Gateway unavailable - Fixed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!