1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new laptop wont stay connected to wireless

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rophelan, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rophelan

rophelan Thread Starter

i bought a new toshiba laptop satellite c660/c660d its very slow and i cant connect to my wireless network iv tryed changeing the wireless channels my network provider is eircom i really dont know wat to do now it works when i plug it in but not wirelessly pls help !

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. rophelan

rophelan Thread Starter

i did that daz still nothing any othr suggestions ??

4. PoddyMcQ

PoddyMcQ

do you get any error messages when trying to connect?

if you have another laptop, does it connect ok?

5. rophelan

rophelan Thread Starter

no dont get any error messages an i can connect from my iphone so dats picking up the wireless signal im at a loss :(

6. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

go to the toshiba site download the latest drivers for the wireless device try again to install . either let windows install the wireless device or let the device setup do the install.. you can't have only one type of install. check services for the wireless zero configuration is enabled.

7. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

You will find additional help at the "Networking" Forum. Click "Report" and request that your Thread be transferred there.

8. Alexjl

Alexjl

I'm having the same problem as you. I have the same laptop, and I have also changed the channel the wireless router is on a couple of times. When you click on Troubleshoot Problems for the wireless connection, does it say:

Default Gateway unavailable - Fixed

9. Alexjl

Alexjl

Are you meaning plug it in to the wall or router????

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice