1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New laptop wont stop crashing!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DTNA, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTNA

DTNA Thread Starter

Okay this is the first time i've posted on a forum but I can't stand this problem I've been having.

I bought a new laptop not too long ago for gaming and music production. After installing black ops 2 and trying to play the story the computer crashed and i got a blue screen an the only way to resolve this was to pull out the battery. This also happened whilst playing online. Eventually I got fed up and thought it may have been something to do with not installing it properly. So i decided to factory restore the laptop to start fresh. I installed the game again and got the same crash. (I also had to put the settings on the lowest possible for it to play well as well) I updated everything e.g. BIOS, Video cards, Service pack, Everything. I still got this crash. About a month later I decided to run to midi controllers at the same time in different programs and I got a blue screen similar to the gaming problem and it was saying bad pool error. Soo i'm almost certain that this is a hardware problem but i dont understand how as this was a brand new and expensive laptop and i'm not eager to be spending lots on new hardware to fix this.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.1B
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Also running an AMD Radeon (TM) HD 7690M XT (but this is only listed on the device manager and not when im in the dxdiag)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

i would definitely call tech support on this one, the warranty should cover hardware if it's not too late. on the troubleshooting side, other than the game and the midi controllers, has the problem showed anywhere else? maybe when running other games or anything? right click on computer and hit manage. when the window opens, click the plus sign by event viewer and the one by windows and click on system. if you right click on system and choose create custom log, you can check the boxes by critical, error, and warning to get rid of the junk. call it sys logs and then click the plus sign by custom logs and click on it and look for the error messages and copy the text into bing and see what happens. but you may want to call tech support anyway to see if there are any known issues on this laptop.

3. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice