1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New litigation campaign targets tens of thousands of movie downloaders

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by Mumbodog, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

It's getting ugly.

http://thresq.hollywoodreporter.com...ts-tens-of-thousands-of-bittorrent-users.html

2. paisanol69

paisanol69

yea...now the folks that steal movies by downloading them illegally are facing a much better detection method!!

3. Iguana56

Iguana56

I don't download movies because there are not any really worth going through all that trouble for. This protection scheme will not help Big Content. Only changing their business model will help them survive.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I am fine paying Netflix $8.95 a month. If I time it correctly and watch the movie the day I get it and return it the next day in the mail, I can get 2 movies a week. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Not sure how they can check the torrent to a spreadsheet. They can't actually be checking the file name itself.

5. Iguana56

Iguana56

Netflix is what I also use. It's still a great deal even after being dissed by Warner Brothers. That is a sad state of affairs. If they want you to buy the movie instead of renting then they need to work on their pricing first. I hate paying for a bad movie, which I have done more then once, and that's why I like to rent first. If it's really good I'll buy it. (used or at a discount)

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

Several friends of mine have cut the cable and dish, they use Netflix online to view their movies, also sites like Hulu.

$8.99 a month is a bargain.

7. new tech guy

new tech guy

I have netflix as well and have 0 complaints with it, only thing i wish was that the ENTIRE library could be availble for instant streaming, i dont know, something with me waiting for a movie bugs me. Yes we get the weekly dvds in the mail but i atcually prefer the live streaming, now if netflix would just post their entire library to streaming id be completely sold.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!