New Mail Desktop Alert notification for second email account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zillah

Hi

I am using an outlook 2003 for a POP email account.

The email address is [email protected],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,which is used as the primary email address

Then I needed to create another account called [email protected] and I used it on the same outlook 2003 as for [email protected].

I created a folder called : “COLLECTORS” within inbox and I created a filter to redirect emails to the admin from the inbox to COLLECTORS folder.

Now When I received new emails through [email protected]om.ar, I would receive an New Mail Desktop Alert notification from the system try .

How can I enable or configure an New Mail Desktop Alert notification from the system try for [email protected] account ????

Thanks .

Hello,

The desktop alert only displays when mail comes into the inbox, so you need to configure the rule you created a little more to display an alert when it gets filtered into that Collectors folder

If you open up that rule you created, have a look for the option box to tick.

Or you can create a generic rule to display desktop alerts, which then will alert for all email if you plan on creating other folders in the future.

See here

Ben

Yeh if you create a new rule in that Window you supplied...
Button New Rule…
Select "Start from a blank rule" and verify that "Check messages when they arrive" is selected.
Press Next to go to the Conditions screen.
Verify that no condition is selected and press Next.
A warning will pop-up stating that this rule will apply to all messages. Press "Yes" to indicate that that is correct.
Select the action "display a Desktop Alert".
Press Finish to complete the rule.
If needed move the "display a Desktop Alert" rule all the way to the top.

zillah

Hi Ben

Initially when i created those rules i had not ticked "display a Desktop Alert" for those 3 rules.

What I did I edited the rules that I had created before (I created 3 rules) i ticked the option : "display a Desktop Alert" for those 3 rules.

Do you think that would fix the issue ?

Thanks

Another option for system tray alerts for multiple email accounts (up to 16) is the free http://www.eprompter.com/ tool (CNET recommended). You can color code the alerts and even also associate sounds with them. Works with pretty much any email type of email setup. I have been using for years.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online