1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new media player 9 (conflicts)?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jdemnyan1116, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

I have media player 6.4 and would like to know if there is any conflicts anyone has run into downloading media player 9. don't really use it much but want to keep updating as much as possible. Do you have to get rid of 6.4, cause if you do, how do you do it? It tells me there is no uninstall?

2. monted

monted

You don't have to do anything but install WMP9.
    Other people have had problems, but I don't know if that WMP9's fault or not, but I think it much better than all the others and have not had ANY problems with it.Be sure to get the codec update after you install it.

3. kramnnim

kramnnim

I've been using WMP9 for several months, I haven't had any problems.

I'm curious, though- if you have WinXP, don't you have the XP version of WMP8?

4. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

your right, i have wmp 8.00. Should I download the 9 or not? Do i need to uninstall or not?

5. monted

monted

You do not need to do anything but go to Windows Update and download. It takes care of everything else.

6. kramnnim

kramnnim

Personally I like WMP9, but your mileage may vary...

If you do install it, make sure you make a system restore point beforehand, in case you want to go back to WMP8. (Actually, it might make a restore point on it's own, I'm not sure...)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!