1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new memory and hardrive lost moniter and floppy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmccartin, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmccartin

jmccartin Thread Starter

I have a pentium 2 with 64ram and 4.3 gig hardrive I upgrade and installed a 128 ram and 40 gig hard drive now my floppy has no power and my moniter has no signal help.

2. norton850

norton850

Are you sure that the new memory is appropriate for your motherboard? First of all put the old working memory back and see if you get you are able to boot up. If still nothing on the monitor check to see if your video card is firm in it's slot and the video cable is securely connected.

How do you know that your floppy doesn't have any power?

3. jmccartin

jmccartin Thread Starter

the floppy makes no sound no light ect..

4. norton850

norton850

You need to work on the no video part of the problem first--don't worry about the floppy for now, that may correct itself later.

5. jmccartin

jmccartin Thread Starter

ok any suggestions when I get home tonight I will put in the old memory and see what happens. THanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice