new memory and hardrive lost moniter and floppy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jmccartin

I have a pentium 2 with 64ram and 4.3 gig hardrive I upgrade and installed a 128 ram and 40 gig hard drive now my floppy has no power and my moniter has no signal help.

Are you sure that the new memory is appropriate for your motherboard? First of all put the old working memory back and see if you get you are able to boot up. If still nothing on the monitor check to see if your video card is firm in it's slot and the video cable is securely connected.

How do you know that your floppy doesn't have any power?

You need to work on the no video part of the problem first--don't worry about the floppy for now, that may correct itself later.

jmccartin

ok any suggestions when I get home tonight I will put in the old memory and see what happens. THanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts