1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Memory Diagnostic Tool

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raybro, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Hello everyone.. Ran across this link

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

in another (GASP, CHOKE) forum and thought I'd post it here for review/ comments.

I used the download file to create a boot floppy which runs the diagnostic. You also have the option of burning it to a CD.

One advantage I see over other memory diagnostics I've used, is this one runs it's test sequence (a set of 8) continuously until you stop it. This allows one to run a repeateitive test sequence over an extended period of time (like over night) and have a better chance of detecting an intermittent fault. (y)

Check it out :D

2. Sponsor

3. slipe

slipe

Thanks. Put it in favorites and downloaded it. Have you compared it to DocMemory?

4. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Not a direct comparison of the test parameters, Just got it myself this morning. For sure, the continuous test scenario is a plus. (y)

5. RandyG

RandyG

I've got it running on a machine I've been having problems with.

I'll post any useful notes in the morning!

6. jnibori

jnibori

Never knew this was around. Thanks!

7. RandyG

RandyG

Well, at least it's not my RAM!! Ran the test through the night, and system was still running through Ram tests when I got in, more than 14 hours later.

All passed.

thanx for the tool!

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Of course, there's always MemTest86 that is a totally free test. It also boots from a floppy, does a very good memory test, and will run as long as you let it. I've used it to find several tricky memory problems. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/150876