1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New MoBo and HD, driver problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Prez, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prez

Prez Thread Starter

I just installed a new intel DQ965GF Intel Socket 775 MoBo and a new seagate SATA HD.

XP installed ok, but when I try to run the "Intel Express Installer Driver CD" it gets to 99% on the first item and then fails. There's no error message or code, it just says "fail" and stops.

Also, it won't connect to my DSL, probably because it needs a network driver that won't install.

Any ideas?

2. Prez

Prez Thread Starter

New problem. I looked up the drivers for that specific MoBo on intel.com and tried to do a bios update and now it won't load windows, not even in safe mode.

So tomorrow I'm taking it to a computer guy i know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice