1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Mobo/comp errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Esky, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esky

Esky Thread Starter

hey i recently given a new mobo (a7v 133 -c) froma friend he also gave me a themal take 7 and a new psu, ok i stalled all of it into my case and changed everything etc. When bios first boots it tells me only one hdd is connected rrrrrr i recconect ide cables/power etc. get both drives working YAY! then when i power on it goes staight into bios and tell me there was something wrong with the cpu or sdram timings/settings i mess around with that change sum stuff (sorry i can be more specific :( ) Then i boots into windows and it gives me a blue screeen error telling me to remove the newly installed hard drive or scsi drive :( . Then i put in cd rw. It still says something wrong with the cpu or sdram timings/settings i mess around again ,make it display cpu fna speed and other options related to cpu i also underclcok it to 1110 mhz or sumthing arounf that field which was one of the selectable options. Ok now for the big kahuna when i boot it turns on all fans/hardware etc working beeps then turns off the greeen led is still working though. I have gf2 300 wat psu amd xp 1700 512 meg sd ram errr liteon 48x12x48 cdrw seagate barracude 4 60 gig quatum fireball 2 gig. Thanks for the help in advance.

Ohh i took out all the ram and it kept running and made that continual beep code so i tried some other ram sticks (3) and still same old trun off stuff. Shoudl i try and change the dip switches or sumthing. Thanks in advance.

2. mtbird

mtbird

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/126974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice