New mobo now windows wont load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gyan1010

I just got through a rough few days fixing some hardware problems and testing different things, to find out that my motherboard, power supply, and 1 of my 3 dimm of ram all went bad at the same time. Anyway I finally got it where the mobo would actually post and I get get into edit bios settings and stuff.

My new problem is that since this has happened my windows does not load. It only goes to the screen saying it failed to load and I can choose safe mode options or normal. None of these options will load though and it just results in the computer restarting itself and repeating.

The motherboard is an Asus K8N, and I have no IDE HDD only a SATA with windows xp pro already installed.

Unless the new mobo is absolutely identical in terms of hardware with the old one, Windows will not load.

It is "force feeding" all the incorrect chipset drivers at load time which will cripple the system.

In my opinion only a full fresh installation of Windows will give the required reliability although you *might* get away with a Repair install.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts