1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New mobo now windows wont load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gyan1010, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyan1010

Gyan1010 Thread Starter

I just got through a rough few days fixing some hardware problems and testing different things, to find out that my motherboard, power supply, and 1 of my 3 dimm of ram all went bad at the same time. Anyway I finally got it where the mobo would actually post and I get get into edit bios settings and stuff.

My new problem is that since this has happened my windows does not load. It only goes to the screen saying it failed to load and I can choose safe mode options or normal. None of these options will load though and it just results in the computer restarting itself and repeating.

The motherboard is an Asus K8N, and I have no IDE HDD only a SATA with windows xp pro already installed.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Unless the new mobo is absolutely identical in terms of hardware with the old one, Windows will not load.

It is "force feeding" all the incorrect chipset drivers at load time which will cripple the system.

In my opinion only a full fresh installation of Windows will give the required reliability although you *might* get away with a Repair install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice