1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new mobo socket 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cwby74, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwby74

cwby74 Thread Starter

anybody know where i can find a new motherboard for a 1.3 amd socket 7 processor ive search a few sites with no luck figure maybe someone out here might know of a place to find one. any help will be appreciated

2. bigbear

bigbear

Ebay if you are really lucky.
    It would be easier to upgrade the system

3. cwby74

cwby74 Thread Starter

oh ive got several systems that are better than this one by far its just and old processor i figured i could try and use it up somehow.

4. bigbear

bigbear

Is it a working system?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. cwby74

cwby74 Thread Starter

no its not a working system anymore it came out of an old compaq that the motherboard died in and yes it was a socket 7 amd which compaq did several of before switching to intel products.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Really thats odd, whats the exact model of the processor?

8. cwby74

cwby74 Thread Starter

thats what i thought at first too., but thats where i got it, was out of the old compaq amd 1300/133/256 i think thats how it read im still trying to locate the object i just got through moving so everything still hasnt found its rightful place.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It has to be either a Slot A or Socket A processor. Socket 7 was for the old Pentium and Pentium MMX processors, and the AMD K5 and K6 series processors which didn't go higher then 550Mhz or so.

10. cwby74

cwby74 Thread Starter

ok ill check into it somemore and see what i can find out, makes me wonder why i found it on a socket 7 motherboard. thanks for the info

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Socket A and Socket 7 look a like but the processors do not fit or work interchangeably.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice