New Modem Installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NormanMcMillan

I have trouble with my new modem. It installs correctly but when I try to get my e-mail or the internet I get a message that the modem is disconnected. I have checked in modems which show Icons for my old and new modems. On checking properties on both Icons I get the following results: Old modem connected to COMM3 new modem connected to COMM4. I used the same PCI slot as I had the old modem in. How do I go about installing the new modem to access my e-mail and the net. My OS system is Windows XP home edition.

Regards
Norman McMillan
e-mail: [email protected]

hmmmm! did you by any chance install the new before un-installing the old?
you may have to un-install both,re-boot and let windows find your new modem.

NormanMcMillan

Thank you
You are quite correct "I did not uninstall my old Modem software before I fitted and tried the new one". I will try as you say and see if that does the trick. Once again thank you for your swift reply.
Regards
Norman

no problem norman,ive done the same thing myself.......post back with your results.;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online